Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Body: Hip Set

Stride by stride, we took our run
Dips and squats, we lifted for fun
Kettle bell squats, down, up, and thrust
In my body, I placed a whole lot of trust

Grieving the potential break in my workout routine
Training causes my mind to be both clear and serene
Wanting to leap forward, increase my pace, and sustain
Very difficult to see how this pain will cause me any gain

Hips set in place, shoulders down and back
Tail bone tucked in, Chest popping out the rack
Have prided myself in perfecting posture and stance
Feeling like a ballerina who can no longer leap or prance

Forcing me to relax, to center, to take a break
Forward fold, deep breaths and stretches by the lake
Praying these hips will heal soon
So I can sing to my usual tune

No comments:

Post a Comment