Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Soul: Mountains To Climb

Shall I build you a mountain?
Shall I walk by your side?
As we walk to that mountain
Step by step, stride by stride

Shall I take you by the hand?
Shall I sing this little rhyme?
As we traverse the land
And plan the impending climb

Shall I build you a mountain?
Shall I make a steep incline?
As we observe that steep mountain
I’ll be yours, you’ll be mine

Shall I stand at the base?
Shall I try to pave the way?
As to each, we turn our face
No delay, it’s the day

Shall we build us a mountain?
Shall we begin our ascent?
As we pray that our fountain
Will flush out any resent

Shall we climb this together?
Shall we dance in the rain?
As we take that rope and tether
Embrace the joys and the pain

Shall we build us a mountain?
Shall we envision the peak?
As we take steps in the direction
Towards that of which we speak

Shall we take them with us?
Shall we teach them how to fly?
As we learn the why and the because
We triumph o’er land and sky

No comments:

Post a Comment