Sunday, June 29, 2014

Healthy Habits - Day 14

On Day 14, I feel very set in my new habits -- 100 push-ups and sit-ups a day, Gluten Free eating, prioritizing fitness, and 5min meditation for relaxation, focus, and/or sleeping. I may need to post less frequently and transition back to more creative posts when I have time but we'll see...

FITNESS:

  • Morning: Body Pump Class
  • Evening: Biked Medicine Lake with Jamilah in Tow
  • Late Evening: 100 Sit-Ups & Push-Ups
PRAYER:
O Lord! Unto Thee I repair for refuge, and toward all Thy signs I set my heart.
O Lord! Whether traveling or at home, and in my occupation or in my work, I place my whole trust in Thee.
Grant me then Thy sufficing help so as to make me independent of all things, O Thou Who art unsurpassed in Thy mercy!
Bestow upon me my portion, O Lord, as Thou pleasest, and cause me to be satisfied with whatsoever thou hast ordained for me.
Thine is the absolute authority to command.
- The Bab
O God, my God! Thou art my Hope and my Beloved, my highest Aim and Desire! With great humbleness and entire devotion I pray to Thee to make me a minaret of Thy love in Thy land, a lamp of Thy knowledge among Thy creatures, and a banner of divine bounty in Thy dominion.
Number me with such of Thy servants as have detached themselves from everything but Thee, have sanctified themselves from the transitory things of this world, and have freed themselves from the promptings of the voicers of idle fancies.
Let my heart be dilated with joy through the spirit of confirmation from Thy kingdom, and brighten my eyes by beholding the hosts of divine assistance descending successively upon me from the kingdom of Thine omnipotent glory.
Thou art, in truth, the Almighty, the All-Glorious, the All-Powerful.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá
FOOD:
I need to strive to stick to meals with infrequent snacks. Today, I worked out without eating any meal and then snacked all afternoon. While I maintained gluten free, the portion sizes get out of control and it becomes really unclear what one has eaten.

REFLECTION: Bike rides and walks are opportunities for Jamilah to open up about topics that are on her mind and in many cases topics that I had no idea she was even thinking of. She is a very brilliant girl and a deep thinker like her mother. Oh, how I wish she wouldn't think so much. Oh, the things I learn on long bike rides. I am able to take the opportunity however to answer many questions, try to guide her along a more advisable path, and clarify any misunderstanding/misconceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment